Town Mayor's Sunday and Hobby Horse Festival: Your full guide
7 July 2008
Weird and wonderful animals of all descriptions are expected to take over the town when Banbury makes this year's event the biggest celebration of its town charter 400th anniversary.
A procession will leave Banbury Town Hall at 12.20pm led by the Lord Robartes' Regiment of Foote from the Sealed Knot and will also include the Air Training Corps band, a full Civic procession and Hobby Horse beasts and Morris Teams.
Read the full article on the Banbury Guardian website.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend