Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
8 August 2009
ROYALISTS and Parliamentarians will storm the beaches at Weston seafront at the weekend.
North Somerset Council is hosting the Sealed Knot event which allows onlookers to see first hand the trials of a nation at war with itself.
An authentic 17th Century camp will be set up and drill displays shown on the Beach Lawns from 10.30am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday, August 8-9.
Read the full article on the Western Daily Press website.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend